a chart of 1773 marks no home on the site, nor really does the tithe map of 1838, (fn
Following previous manor-house had been isolated through the manor within purchase of 1881, the lords for the manor stayed in what got earlier become also known as Fisherton Delamere Farm. Since 1889 (fn. 153) this has been labeled as formally, otherwise popularly, The Manor. Really a stone building, and is also the only real residence for the former parish to sit north regarding the Codford-Deptford path. 154) additionally the residence has a tendency to date from the second one-fourth in the 19th century.
On various times between 1804 and 1825 traditional process of law in addition sat
Legal moves or e-books endure for 1662, (fn. 155) 1686, (fn. 156) 1700aˆ“54 and 1771aˆ“89. (fn. 157) Besides these you can find transcripts of procedures for 1684 and some many years between 1801 and 1841. (fn. 158) So far as happens to be set up, process of law baron are used for the course. (fn. 159)
Additions built in the 1920’s feature a Georgian deck, french screens from the south front, and many inner fixtures
At some point, most likely in early 14th millennium, Baldwin de Bellany provided lands in Boulsbury in Southern Damerham (Hants) and 1 /5 virgate in Fisherton, which their cousin William conducted, to Hugh aftermath, lord of Winterbourne Stoke. These people were to be a wedding section for Joan, their girl. (fn. 160) About 1329 Joan died seised of 5 virgates in Bapton and Fisherton of which the 1/5 virgate mentioned previously most possibly created a component. This lady son, Thomas, got their heir, (fn. 161) as well as in 1384 got working with places in both places. (fn. 162) He died after 1398aˆ“9 and was actually succeeded by his cousin and heir, Thomas Poynings, Lord St. John (d. 1429), exactly who in 1426aˆ“7 communicated the lands to Sir Walter Hungerford https://datingranking.net/nl/hinge-overzicht/, after Lord Hungerford (d. 1449). From him they descended in Hungerford range to Mary, girl Hungerford, just who partnered Edward, Lord Hastings, in 1481. (fn. 163) they certainly were known as manor of BAPTON in 1487. (fn. 164) Edward and Mary Hastings carried these to their own son George Hastings, Earl of Hundingdon (d. 1545), exactly who conducted all of them in 1532 called the manors of Fisherton and Bapton. (fn. 165) In 1537 he approved them to William Paulet, Lord St. John, and thereupon they became an important part of the main city manor. (fn. 166)
The control of a home in BAPTON, then claimed as a ‘manor’, had been contested in the early sixteenth millennium between members of the Kellaway group as well as other suitors. Some time between 1486 and 1493 or between 1504 and 1505 a Thomas Hymerford stated to own started seised associated with the ‘manor’, but having started deprived with the deeds by Thomas Kellaway, (fn. 167) and in the period 1532aˆ“44 Edmund, boy of Thomas Estcourt, put an identical fee against Robert Kellaway. (fn. 168) In 1545 a John Kellaway ended up being located in Bapton, (fn. 169) and it also had been surely he which in 1566 purchased around Edmund Estcourt’s welfare in Fisherton and other spots (fn. 170) and whom died in 1568 seised of a capital messuage and places in Bapton and Tisbury, conducted associated with the Marquess of Winchester by Fisherton manor. (fn. 171) there can be some factor to imagine that Robert and Thomas Kellaway, mentioned above, were respectively their grandfather and grandfather. (fn. 172) Should this be thus, after that John’s great-grandfather was actually called William Kellaway. William partnered a Joan Barret, as well as in 1413 a John Barret ended up being holding land in Bapton, Tisbury, and other close spots, which he obtained from his relative, Thomas Payne, which, within his turn, got acquired them from their father-in-law, John Ellis. This Ellis have another son-in-law, also known as Walter Estcott-presumably just like Estcourt. (fn. 173) It is possible it was through present of John Payne to John Barret that Kellaway places in Bapton comprise first acquired together with state they those places by Edmund Estcourt very first set up.